REQUIREMENTS FOR IN PERSON MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS:
Effective February 1, 2022 members and guests age 12 and older will be required to be up to date and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination including a booster dose prior to attending any and all in person guild events. CDC guidelines recommends a booster dose at these intervals:
- 5 months after their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna (note: 16-17 years old can only get Pfizer)
- 2 months after one dose of J&J
In accordance with current Washington state and King County mask mandates, members and guests will also be required to wear masks at all times except while actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
This document is based on guidance and recommendations developed by World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Washington State Department of Health and Seattle and King County Public Health in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It acknowledges the special role of service organizations in COVID-19 education, preparedness, and response, through:
• Sharing evidence-based information about COVID-19 preparedness and response.
• Ensuring that any decision to convene group gatherings for social meetings is based on a sound risk assessment and in line with guidance from national and local authorities.
COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets when an infected person sneezes, coughs, or talks. These droplets can land on people or be breathed in by those close by. Respiratory droplets containing COVID-19 can settle on a person’s hands and can be passed on to others through physical contact. Service organizations should protect their members and guests by:
• Helping them maintain a safe distance between them (“physical distancing”).
• If a gathering is planned, consider holding it outdoors. If this is not possible, ensure that the indoor venue has adequate ventilation.
• Regulate the number and flow of people entering, attending, and departing from gathering spaces to ensure safe distancing at all times.
• Seating or standing of participants should be at least 1 m (3 feet) apart. Where necessary, create and assign fixed seating to maintain safe distances.
• Members and guests should wash hands often during group service activities.
• Members should wear masks when carpooling.
• Establish routine cleaning with disinfectant where people gather to remove any virus from the surfaces. This routine should include cleaning immediately before and immediately after all gatherings.
When to Stay Home:
All members and guests will stay home when ill. Relevant symptoms include:
• Fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.
• Members and guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, will not be permitted to attend gatherings and must stay home until their quarantine period has expired.
• Members and guests who are not fully vaccinated or are vulnerable because of underlying conditions, should not come to in-person meetings.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR IN PERSON MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS|
Members and guests will be required to follow CDC recommendations to be up to date with Covid-19 vaccines and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination including a booster dose prior to attending any and all in person guild events. Members and guests will also be required to wear masks at all times except while actively eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status.
Please email a photo of your vaccination card to: email@example.com
Written by: Bambi Reile, Adopted by Executive Board on July 19, 2021
Stray Threads Quilt Guild Executive Board, Feb. 8, 2022
Removed the specific guidelines for vaccine schedule due to frequent updates. See current CDC recommendations at www.cdc.gov
Added CDC and Seattle and King County Public Health as resources for this document.
January 1, 2022: Added CDC guidelines for boosters to guild’s definition of fully vaccinated.
October 15, 2021: Added requirements for masking at outdoor events and proof of complete vaccination to attend all in person meeting, activities and events. Deleted duplicate and conflicting statements. Added guests to all requirements.
|To download our complete safety plan, click here.|